Thread: Ginger beer
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #34
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
You need to try real ginger beer. I have brewed many batches. The beer is usually about 5 to 6 $ alchohol and the ginger flavor should be very strong. It should almost be too strong on the first few sips but then you get by the initail WOW GINGER reaction and it tastes better. it needs to be this strong to get the added medicinal benefits of the ginger. In a strong ginger beer , the ginger medicinal affect will be a nice cooling sensation. Its almost like a cool breeze hitting you. Add to this medicinal affect the normal affect fo 5 to 6 % alchohol and its a very pleasant experience. I use about 1 OZ of dried ginger root but of course freshly ground would be better. You will need to make a few batches to tweak your recipe but once you get it right , you'll want to be sure to have some around along with other favorite varieties.

OH BTW , I like to add the ginger to a dark beer. Not a porter or stout but just a normal dark.
You' re right Saltheart, I do need to try reall ginger beer! next time you brew a batch, please call me and i will come over to sample!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote