View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #20
Jimbo

This post could have been mine and from what I read a few others. Daughter graduated high school just last week. Sunday my wife was waiting for her to come home from work to go out to central PA for orientation at a nice small school. Daughter shows up and says she isn't going away to college because she's staying home to be with her boyfriend and then leaves to go sit while he hands out ice cream. This after my wife bent over backwards to get her a decent financial aid package and some pretty good government loans in additionb to what we're also paying. Anyway, the bf isn't a bad kid, but has her wrapped around his little finger and I'm pretty sure pushing her on this. She's the first child and her mother and I spoiled her, so she's also used to getting her way, so that probably doesn't help. She was gung ho on the college from day one and now comes up with every imaginable excuse. As of today, she doesn't want to go, but is going to honor her committment for a year, anyway. She just casn't see the tremendous opportunity she's being given. My wife's popping her anxiety pills like Pez.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote