Thread: Adopting a Dog
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 01:00 PM   #13
teaser
Wave Jumper

Shouldn't matter what breed the dog is if you truly want one, just go to the local pound and get the one that catches you're eye and gives you that special feeling inside.

They all need good homes and like people they all come with a history, good and bad. I have 2 Rotties that think their cats and are as tame as cats, just ask Raven. So size shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you don't have alot of room for them to stretch out.

Whatever dog you choose just make sure you have a good vet lined up to get them checked out now and in the future, and like posted before make sure you have the time to devote to one because they are like kids and once you reach out emotionally to him or her they really do become part of the family just like kids.

Also think of the expense of having a dog before you make the commitment of a dog, when they get sick it'll cost you as much as it would a person. Fortunately we have insurance to cover us and now they do too so look into pet insurance, it should run you about $375.00 a year for the best plan but they have to be checked out by a vet first to make sure there isn't any previous conditions that they won't cover.

Somewhere a dog will be blessing you for adopting him or her and giving them another shot at a good life and I take my hat off to you for doing so!

Good luck and keep us posted on you're choice.

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote