View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #61
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
It will be great when it's legal for the firefighter, EMT, truck driver or anyone else to get stoned the morning before showing up for work and it's all legal.
They shouldn't be going to work Drunk....or stoned. Legal or not.

And its illegal to operate a motor vehicle while impaired...whether its on a legal substance or an illegal substance.

Quote:
It's going to be great when your kid is smoking pot on the deck all the time and it's all legal.
If that happens then its my fault as a parent for not making sure he knows what substance abuse is about...whether it be a legal substances or not....I'd feel the same if he were just sitting around s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g down a case of bud every day.

Quote:
Ya' it's going to be a much better America once we can all get high.
Ummmm, in case you haven't noticed we pretty much already can....if we so choose to. The key is to make the choice NOT to....at least when we go to work, or drive our cars.

Quote:
I can hardly wait to hire some pot heads. Production should go through the roof.
OK to hire drunks then I guess.....no stigma there

any substance, whether it be legal, illegal, or prescription will be abused if a person so chooses to. Hell, we have to put sudafed behind the counter nowadays and get carded when we buy spray paint.

People have been trying to alter their reality one way or another since the dawn of man, why weed is so evil for us but drinking a case of bud light should get me laid (It's true isn't it, that's what the advertisers tell me at least) is the most hypocritcal reasoning I have ever heard.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."