Thread: The Pirate Code
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 06:01 PM   #9
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl F View Post
Swimmer... whatever happened to Billy clifford????
Without saying too much for two reasons, one I dealt with him professionally and two I was aquainted with the family through school and sports. But Billy had some pretty severe emotional issues and the family had to have him hospitalized for his own good about sevens years ago.

Brother Steve just got arrested in Plymouth, Mass. for scamming people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, plus he was rendited to Conneticut to faces rape charges at Foxwoods (I know this from reading the paper). I remember him lifting weights at Pearson's Gym, skinny as hell but benching 400 to 450 pounds. It is amazing what steroids can do.

Barry was a christer also. He didn't think anything of sucker punching somebody at a party. He has lost weight/bulk from when he was in high school. He was on a real good varsity squad at Whitman-Hanson. We had mutual friends. I don't know that he stole the Whydah's log, but I do know someone who was in the Boston Public Library a week after he was and the book was missing when my friend went looking for it, and Clifford was the last person supposedly who used it. My friend dove on the Atocha for Mel Fisher and his family for several months. Made quite a bit of money. They let all the divers pick something out when they left. My buddy brought home a pure gold link chain 18" long. They were body cavity checked everyday when they stopped diving. Barry spent years and years researching this wreck. I hope he finds every bit of booty that went down with the ship.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote