Thread: Palin's speach
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #48
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
the GOP has this trait that kind of bugs me.. they reach out at election time to the 'small town' voter.. they will say 'were lookin out for you.. the little guy'. 'We're going to do what ever we can to help YOU succeed by ecouraging this, that, and whatever'..
Lets say the 'small town' that they say they care so much about has an oil refinery or some sort of industry that the town depends on.. when the crap hits the fan, who do you think the GOP is looking out for?? ..
Nebe, it's not only The GOP that reaches out at election time - it's all parties. Simple explanation is that everyone is trying to get votes so they can get elected and then forget about everything the promised or said they were going to do.

Both major parties are much more similar than you think. It's like professional wrestling where there are "bad guys" and "good guys". Politicians do what they can so that they can get elected. They fight with and complain about the other guy, then behind the scenes they play golf or go sailing. As someone who has worked in politics at the state level, I've seen this happen often.

I do believe that there are a lot of politicians who get into it for the right reasons, and I have met and worked with some of them. But, there are a lot of politicians (both parties) who get into it because they don't have the desire or the capabilities to hold down a "real" job.

In about 10 months, lets look at the promises made during the campaign by whoever gets elected and see what has actually come to fruition. It won't make a difference if it's Obama or McCain.