Thread: Palin's speach
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #106
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think most people would get the context. To say the usage is improper is bordering on pedantic isn't it?

And regarding his family. I'm not saying he's a super hero, but that the man has some fiber.

-spence
Pedantic, shmedantic. $200K + is a lot of money no matter how you slice it. He's rich. He may not be Ted Kennedy rich, but he will not be standing in line at the soup kitchen when he retires. And he's a lot better off than the guy unloading freight from trucks or the woman who cleans houses for a living.

I agree about taking care of his family. Unfortunately, some people wouldn't have done what he did. That just speaks to where we've gone as a society.

I know you like him and are playing devil's advocate, but you have to at least agree that he is a lot more privleged than most people. And although he has a tough job, he works a lot less than most of us who work for a living.

I will admit that he's a sharp dresser. And his hair is beyond reproach. Could that be the real reason you like him? Maybe there is an unspoken bond there?