Thread: Palin's speach
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #108
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Pedantic, shmedantic. $200K + is a lot of money no matter how you slice it. He's rich. He may not be Ted Kennedy rich, but he will not be standing in line at the soup kitchen when he retires. And he's a lot better off than the guy unloading freight from trucks or the woman who cleans houses for a living.

I agree about taking care of his family. Unfortunately, some people wouldn't have done what he did. That just speaks to where we've gone as a society.

I know you like him and are playing devil's advocate, but you have to at least agree that he is a lot more privleged than most people. And although he has a tough job, he works a lot less than most of us who work for a living.

I will admit that he's a sharp dresser. And his hair is beyond reproach. Could that be the real reason you like him? Maybe there is an unspoken bond there?
I've heard he has hair plugs, don't know if it's true though...

And I wouldn't say that Senators simply because they're not in session aren't working pretty hard most of the time.

From what I know of his life, Biden has made it pretty much on his own. This may astound you, but according a review the Washington Post did last year Joe Biden's net worth stands at about 100-150,000

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...400305_pf.html

Quite a few people on this site with a higher net-worth than that. I guess he's not been engaging in much profiteering over his status and has outlayed a ton of cash for his kids educations.

200K might be a nice paycheck, but this hardly is deserving of the labels "rich" or "privilaged".

When you put him in context of the McCains, Clintons or even Obama there's a HUGE gap.

-spence