Thread: Agendas
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 08:02 AM   #15
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I still believe that it was about protecting the US. I'm not sure how I feel about offending the Frech, Italians, Russians or for that matter you. I do know that I feel safer and the terrorist don't. We have not been attacked. A ship blown up, a embassy blown up or a building bombed on our soil since we took it to them. That's a fact and a result of the war on terror. If you felt safer on Sept 11th then raise your hand. Your a liar.
The war on terror is a lot more than Iraq, and lumping everything together into this grey mission that you're for or against is exactly what the Administration wanted so they could act with impunity.

Do I feel safer than on 9/11? Certainly not and I'm no lair.

At the same time we've lessoned al Qaeda's ability to hurt us directly, we're also funneling huge amounts of wealth into Saudia Arabia, Iran and Russia who don't share our interests.

The nature of the threat has changed, and just because we haven't seen a domestic attack, the hundreds killed in Madrid in 2004 and London in 2005 are just as much victims of the "war on terror" as are the victims of 9/11. There are numerous other examples, but not being in our backyard, most couldn't really care less.

-spence