View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #11
FishermanTim

Then there's the issue of new drivers that just don't have the experience on the road.
It is my firm belief that many driviing instructors are using the MCAS method of schooling: They only teach enough to pass the test.
How many of you have experience drivers doing things that make you scratch your head, thinking "What the hell was that person thinking?"
I've seen enough from my visits to the DMV for a couple of parking ticket appeals (which I won) to put 2 and 2 together.

All I can say is make sure you have a camera in your vehicle, even if it's a disposable one. Pictures really do help when an accident comes down to you said/they said.
My younger brother was involved in an insurance scam accident where he ended up rear ending another vehicle at a stop sign.
He had the presence of mind to call the police and proceeded to take pictures of the scene, vehicles and persons in the other vehicle. THEY tried to prevent him from doing so, but the police intervened and let him proceed. He also got the officers name and badge number and a copy of thge report. Later, when the insurance company began processing the other drivers claim, they stated that there were 3 more people in their car than initially stated.
My brother told the insurance investigator that he needs to speak with Officer Smith because based on the report filed, and his pictures, there were only 2 persons in the car, and that they were lying.
Bottom line, the claim was rejected as insurance fraud.

You've got to protect you own butts in this crazy world we live in.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote