View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #22
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Spence-

I was serious about the content of my post but was just kidding with you personally...
Don't worry, I don't hold most of what you write in high regard

Quote:
And yes I'm aware McCain's comment was from a Romney debate but you missed my point. I don't find the irony very meaningful when you consider what I said.
I didn't find what you said very meaningful. Re: my comments...

Quote:
And you made my point about the Obama videos and statements about his experience - you have to really dig in this media-storm to find the substantive anti-Obama stuff - but it's there in his own words.
I would myself pretty well "informed" on all sides and I've never heard of it. If you've got a source please post...

Quote:
I honestly find the entire Presidential "experience/preparedness" argument towards both sides very overblown - because when you think about it & look back at past Presidents not many had a whole lot more of Presidential-type experience (except former Vice Presidents which is not an issue with Obama or McCain) - but I'm sick of everyone attacking Vice Presidential candidate Palin's lack of alleged preparedness while ignoring Presidential candidate Obama's lack of preparedness...
I think the notion that there's some set bar is not realistic. That being said, there's a level of mental prepardness to go along with the knowledge and judgement that are all important.

In this regard I think Obama, McCain and Biden are all in a different class than Palin. I simply don't think she has the experience to demonstrate the kind of diplomatic presence necessary to do the job. I find the fact that they're sheltering her from the media to be quite telling...perhaps she's just a paper tiger.

-spence