Thread: Market
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #36
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't think anyone really has a good fix on what's going to happen.

I'm a very conservative investor. My 401K has been pounded but I'm also a long way from retirement. Mutual funds are hit, but again it's all long term. My son's 529 has 15 years to recover.

Only worry is my money market, which currently has a lot in it, but it's all with Vanguard and if it ain't safe there I'm stocking up on tuna fish and bottled water

-spence
Yup no one knows,,, but there are a few talented guys that are able to make VERY accurate educated guesses.

Same boat,,, Fairly conservative.. YES it is all long term.... Long way to go too. Single so I still take a few risks.

Same with the money market because of limiting exposure and have seen a decline in my Mutual funds. I have a few Laddered CD's so I can still feed my addiction to fishing and buying plugs if the market closes...

Honestly I see serious trouble in the market and think any bounce will be temporary but the world is not without risk.

FPP has just about spelled out the market in a nutshell,, either way I think we are all going to be eating schoolies next spring whether we like it or not.
GattaFish is offline   Reply With Quote