View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I also think that McCain would have been best 8 years ago and that 1 we would not be in the stink we're in now with W & Cheney et al had McCain won the last time around in 2000.

I'd rather see Biden president -v- Obama because I think Biden is more qualified.
Three things:
1. I agree; in 2000 I voted Gore, but wasn't nearly as fearful of McCain as I am now. It is not the same McCain in 2008 as it was in 2000. The 2008 ticket of McCain/Palin scares me. Flat out. We'll be out of Iraq and into Iran, with the economy still in the tank. before the end of their first term if they win.

2. My original order of the dems (I couldnt tolerate any of the right candidates) (See RIJ; I'm not a dem sheep, but I do support BHO now)
1. Richardson
2. Biden
3. Obama
4. Hill

I think Obama will be a good leader, I have grown to like him, but I agree as far as experience, he was not my #1 choice. I do think he is smart enough to have good people behind him

3. very good point, and it makes me sad that people from either side are swayed by either Sarah Silverman or Jackie Mason... or Drill baby Drill, or change.

It comes down to research, conscience and intuition. Hopefully we end up making the correct decision, whatever that is.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"