View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #24
scottw

I thought I went to the Fuji site for the "concept' layout but you might be right , it may be more of a lowrider layout, I'll check my notes(yep, just found it " Basically, this is the Fuji Low Rider guide layout using regular MN guides", .... as mentioned above the lowrider system seemed more geared toward longer rods(12') for distance casting...I was under the impression that the BMNAG's and Concept guides are similar shape or design guides ? I didn't follow the layout exactly as I'd also found and extensive post(mentioned above) describing this type of setup and then adjusted with static deflection tests, laid them out and then fished them taped on for several weeks until I was happy with the way it fished and then twirled it up...sounds crazy but waterproof electrical tape stands up pretty well.....this layout seems to be extremely friendly to braid ....

Numbskull, your descriptions are pretty techincal...aren't the "Concepts" similar? smaller guides set closer to the blank which is possible because the line (braid) is under control unlike mono......

never mind, just reread you posts a few times, that's great stuff!

Last edited by scottw; 10-16-2008 at 01:01 PM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote