View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post
So when it comes to flag burning, troop bashing or liberal anti-war rhetoric we live in the greatest country in the world bar-none.

But when the economy suffers a serious blow and we are mired in a major recession, we are a ship of fools that can't get out of our own way? We are a populous of un-skilled, un-inspired goons who are intellectually inferior?

You need to take a deep breath.
theres no politics or pride in economics, theres data. Look at the data. Look at what we produce, look at what we owe, look at we save. Look at what got us where we are today. Where a consumer nation thats out of money.
Let me put it this way, 20yrs ago there were no "yuppie" fishing stores live SWE, guys didnt spend 600+ on a fsihing reel, 25+ on plugs, etc. All of that is the result of the 90s boom, easy credit. Those days are done, period. Argue all you want and many have, but noone is showing me DATA to prove me wrong. I have seen a lot of data suggesting that this countries opportunites for growth, a relatively stead increase since WWII is over. Like it or not.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all