View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 07:39 AM   #12
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyee View Post
Just wait until JohnR helps you move your site and leaves a back door in for us so we can post photoshopped pictures of you
Negative - I ain't touching it . Windows and Frontpage ain't no place for a shopping cart (damn, I just realized "ain't" no longer gets hit by spellcheck, oooops, ramble). In all seriousness, I wouldn't use it as a matter of preference but you are already going there. I would recommend you consider a different app some time down the road. I build, support, destroy, mutilate, virtualize, organize, and pulverize Windows servers all the time but I prefer other systems for web hosting in this realm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
John I had a discussion with them this afternoon VPS setup will make me GOD on there and it sounds like their service and people are decent to work with. Better than these a$$chunks I've been butting heads with for the last 24 hours since the site has been down.

I'm probably going to hire them to move the stuff if these other guys ever get this back working again.
Just remember, if you have administrator rights, you have the necessary keys to do exactly what you are upset with your current provider for. So to keep THAT genie in the bottle, be sure to limit your changes small things and don't touch the system files....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyee View Post
VPS = Virtual Private Server?
Hopefully you can also VPN into it and muck w/ your own files as well.
No, no m#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g, pleeze

Quote:
VP geeks
Baldy

Quote:
Holy crap are these guys out of it. 6th fone call now over 24 hours it's been down. Guy keeps me on hold this time because I ask to speak to a supervisor he knows I'm pissed. Comes back and says try it. yea sure dood. Ya frigged it even worse now.

IX Webhosting tech support dept "hello we put edwina back in da bowl"
What is the actual problem?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote