Thread: Heroin
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

It's a social issue

Or at least thats how the courts treat it. Arrest them, lock them up, and the judge lets them go because nobody wants to deal with them. The judiciary lets thier social mantra be used as a cover for thier unwillingness to get involved, have the courage to place some in jail, and save thier lives. I have seen these kids. We would start dealing with them before they are teenagers. Always the kid that never had any set hours, parents didn't care if he/she came home or not. The schools new of what was going on and they are mandated reporters for child abuse. Ask a teacher when the last time he or any of thier colleagues ever filed a report with D.C.F. (formerly D.S.S.) about suspected child abuse. Teachers are the people that see the same kids come to school everyday in the same clothes. Schools are a big line of defense on these issues, but the ball gets dropped at this juncture most of the time. By the time they get to me and my colleagues, its too late. Those guys should have driven over there and dragged them out of the car Karl. Next time call the station and tell the O.I.C. that you just made a report of heroin use and the officers did what they did, nothing. If they truly were being watched then somebody would let you know maybe not then but in a day or two maybe. You wouldn't believe how many parents ro family members enable heroin use and don't do drugs themselves. Allow it to occur in there home, freely. That is until these same family members come home and find the heroin addicted family member stole everything that wasn't tied down and sold it to the nearest pawn shop. Then all of a sudden we get flooded with the same old calls. "I don't know how this happened", or "I never saw this coming". What do you mean you never saw it coming mister, little Johnny hasn't been coming home till midnight since he was nine years old and you never saw this coming. It's unfortunate that its a problem that answers its own question most of the time. And the problem is usually answered by the untimely death of a person to young. I could go on and on. Thier is one more thing though. If needles weren't readily available without prescription in every pharmacy they wouldn't be found laying all over the god damn place. I mean what legislator could actually argue with a straight face that someone who does heroin on a regular basis would be kind enough to dispose of the used needles appropriately. Heroin users are the most self-centered people on the face of the planet. They do not care about anything but themselves, but we are suppose to expect them to throw needles with contaminated blood and heroin residue and god knows what other disease that because of the needle being used to intraveneously inject heroin into a users arm now contains. That was the most insane law I have ever seen.

Last edited by Swimmer; 12-12-2008 at 11:22 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote