View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
joe the plumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
My house was built in the late 80s and has a tankless hot water heater, oil. Its on its last breath and we need to replacce. When its cold and are heating the house, we do struggle with getting a super hot shower and I assumed thats becasue our unit is old.
I cant seem to get an unbiased opinion on whats best tankless or tank for hot water.
Anyone have any thoughts?
I have been in the plumb&heat industry for 30 years.I can help you but I need to speak to you.Just pm me if you are interested.
If not,heres my 2 cents. If you stay with oil,Spence has a nice set up.The day of the boiler with a tankless heater is unfortunately not over.They are still sold because of thier low cost.
Spence describes an "indirect" water heater.This is the standard set up over in Europe where they are about 15 years ahead of us in heating technology.Because the tank is controlled like an additional heating zone the boiler no longer has to maintain a minimum temp,like a boiler with a tankless.This alone sets the stage for impressive fuel savings.
There are sooo many indirects on the market.They all perform,as long as the proper sizing has been done.They all have impressive stand by heat losses---about 1/3 to 1/2 degree per hour.They all have good warranties.
Best bang for the buck.Vaughn Top Performer.Stone lined.Great performance.
Best tank made-Viessmann Vito Cell 300.Stainless steel.Unlimited lifetime warranty-And priced like it!!
I am not selling anything here.This is just my job and I am offering my help as requested.
joe the plumber is offline   Reply With Quote