View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #6
scottw

Scott, thanks for helping to make my son's world a little more crappy.

-spence[/QUOTE]

what did I do to make your son's world crappy? I am far more powerful than I imagined!

I think that what is frustrating for some is that both sides do have their minds made up as RIR said when there is hardly the "concensus" that King Al claims....Dad, that's great stuff but is it Hansen at NASA has screwed up quite a bit like recently declaring, what was it, October the hottest on record by transposing numbers from the previous month, he been shown to have a clear agenda, but doesn't everyone now...noone wants the environment...or "your son's world", Spence...there's something very revealing in that statement now that I think about it....to be crappy but the extent to which Kyoto and and many of the other proposals would damage economies makes no sense...hope the messiah is as reasonable, might have no choice given the current economy

In a December 17, 1962 interview, President Kennedy was asked whether his experience in the office matched his expectations. He answered this way:
The problems are more difficult than I had imagined them to be. The responsibilities placed on the United States are greater than I imagined them to be, and there are greater limitations upon our ability to bring about a favorable result than I had imagined them to be. And I think that is probably true of anyone who becomes President, because there is such a difference between those who advise or speak or legislate, and between the man who must select from the various alternatives proposed and say that this shall be the policy of the United States. It is much easier to make the speeches than it is to finally make the judgments. . . .
Indeed it is.

Last edited by scottw; 12-18-2008 at 09:36 AM..