View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #21
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl F View Post
OMG... ya know stereo types... Thick Headed Swedes, (squarehead), Stubborn Frenchman, (my main mix) Hot Headed Italian, and God Bless the Stubborn Portugeese (her main mix)...
I got the stubborn gene from all 3, I think...

Occasionally, a bit of the emotional (yeah, hot-headed, I guess at times) Italian, which is never a good mix with the Portuguese - if you've ever seen a Gee get PO'd - definitely a good time to clear the area.....they take a lot of crap up to a point and then they'll go absolutely medeval on ya...I try to keep that in check, though...

The Swedes are a good damned group - fun-loving, sociable - but not real flexible on their opinions, if ya get my drift...my Dad was addicted to creamed herring...we held a 60th anniversary party here at our house for my Swedish aunt and uncle (actually dad's 1st cousins) - nine - count 'em - different dishes all of which had herring in them. Janssen's potatoes, fresh creamed herring, etc etc - wish dad had been there, he would have gone crazy, Swedish soul food for fish-heads -

And the highlight for me at the party - and Uncle Gus - was the salt, sugar and fennel cured salmon (Swedish cerviche) - damn, I've never done it myself, takes a week to do it right in the fridge, may try to do some for the holidays. That stuff will make ya horny, I'm tellin' ya...

Boy, talk about epic threadjacking...maybe we can talk the Cap into an Ethnic Forum...

Nahhhhh, on second thought, maybe not in the winter...

Holy #### - Karl, I can't believe I found this on Youtube - don't know if you remember this Christmas classic - well, if you hang around Swedes ya might...

For the younger S-B'ers - that thing is a 45, that's how we used to listen to music in the olden days...

Last edited by Crafty Angler; 12-18-2008 at 09:29 AM..

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote