View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #12
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

Alright for sure we'll ask a few of the guys if they would display their collections for us. I know Flap, Adam R., vb, CapeSams and a few of the other guys have some killer collections. It would be cool to see what they would be willing to put on display.

Turning demonstration: I know about 4-5 yrs ago at slips, Cape Sam just hopped on a lathe and whipped out one of his paper templates that had all the necessary dimensions for I believe a norris squid. It wasnt a demonstration per-se but I personally learned a TON just from watching him do that. I think if he would be willing to do something along those lines it would be fantastic!

Maybe getting some of the folks with those fantastic collections to give a sort of intro. to collecting talk or how they got into collecting etc, what to look for what to stay away from?

I know Salty did a tail loop demo if he's up for doing something along those lines I know its very helpful.

Previous years Salty did a dress tail tying demo would folks like to see something like that?

I was thinking maybe we can give the sponsors a moment to speak about anything new they've got coming down the pipe, or some just in general plug talk.

Also I was thinking that since we're all going to be at one place I was wondering strictly voluntary if anyone would be interested in gathering up some lures to donate to the Fishing academy, with the msba show coming up and the risaa show coming up I know they put together raffle baskets I think it would a good chance to help out.

I know PNG did an awesome demo on turning off center maybe he'd be willing to give a talk and demo about that.

Keep the suggestions coming guys!!

Last edited by ThrowingTimber; 12-20-2008 at 11:43 AM..

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote