Thread: SNOWBLOWER
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 06:13 PM   #17
5/0
Eels

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW View Post
I think I have posted this here before but here is some more footage of my tractor snowblower from this year. The first clip is what was leftover last week when we got 3-4" that turned to rain/ice. There was about an inch of snow and an inch of ice on top. It just chewed it right up. Would have been impossible by hand.

The second clip is of the 6" I got on Saturday's storm. Went right through that light snow like butter. The really good thing about the tractor is that it doesn't ever veer off to the side like a walk behind unit.
I'm sure everyone has had one of those go off to one side or start climing up a big mound that is too big for it. It's got a lot of weight and as long as there is traction just keeps going through. Best thing of all is that this unit I put together from stuff people threw away. Besides new belts, battery and some bolts it was free.

I have also said like MD above there is no such thing as too small. I've used 5, 7, 8, 9 and the 13 hp tractor, and could see having one bigger each time. I am seriously thinking about getting the attachment for my other 20 HP tractor. Get what you can afford and buy quality. I tinker with a lot of stuff and have many old units and the quality is just not the same these days.

Quit yur job and work for Logan Intl.Airport that thing kicks Arse

Paul I had that happen once man that's gotta hurt
Talk about a short eviction notice

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote