Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #20
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This isn't even really about Bush.

It's more of a philosophical question.

-spence
I think your question is a good one,,, and not sure can easily be answered,,,, Set aside politics... it is a mess no matter how you look at it,,,

No matter what president was in office on Sept 11th , they would have had to make some VERY difficult choices....

The middle east is a not a place where normal diplomacy, and rational thinking work,,,, Deceit is a huge problem the U.S. faces even with countries who claim to be our allies... Of course The U.S. has its own share as well,,,

Anyone here can claim they could have made other choices that would have clearly solved all the worlds problems but we don't know all the details,,,,, No really knows... Unless someone here has been in those top secret presidential briefings they would only be speculating..

Strategically,,,I think Iraq was a thought that was only complicated by the unexpected occurrence of Sept 11th,,, And if I recall almost every American wanted to bomb Afghanistan after Sept 11th...and rightfully so....

Without a doubt Obama's eyes have been opened to the middle east and who knows maybe by the end of his 4 years we will be defending Isreal after they bomb Iran....

Never the less Ahmadinejad does not translate into "I'm-a-nut-job" without good reason.