View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #21
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

I got pulled over for doing over 100, 3:45 in the morning coming home from a fishing trip in RI. I wanted to sleep a couple of hours before work, I Have a friend that's a mass state cop. ask him to fix it, he said I will try, the cop that gave me the ticket said no way. I only wrote him up for 90 he should be happy with that.
So I went and fought it. at the hearing there was a state police there I told them I was doing 70 it was 3:30 in the morning and and the cop needed a board so he pulled me over. that's when the cop across the table finally lifted his head and looked at me, the clerk said I will take 150 off and if you want to fight it further I needed to go to a 6 man jury trial.

it was a waste of my time 350 for the ticket minus 150 = 200 plus a days pay so I lost there. I should have just paid it

I try to only go 70 now

I have fought at least 10 tickets in my life and I will tell you it is 50/50 you never know what will happen, if the state is involved you are going to pay something, I bet it will get reduced to 150.

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote