View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #30
Mr. Sandman

Docs are in a difficult position. The states are loaded with unfunded mandates and demands and the lawyers are poised to pounce on them. IMO the basic problem is the "you can't turn anyone away and you have to treat them for free" mantra everyone seems to chant. You see everyone is seeking free care now. If you turn them away, they can sue your ass. The docs are in a no win situation.

For example, A girl comes into the ER and demand a pregnancy test and they have to give one. When asked, why don't you go to the drug store and buy a pee stick? they respond..."If I go to the drug store I have to pay $10 for the stick, If I come here it is for free" (cause they refuse to pay the bill). THIS IS HOW BAD IT HAS GOTTEN..they will go out of their way to avoid paying 10 bucks.

BTW..YOU voted in the goons that put this stuff into effect, it is really YOUR OWN fault.

I know...Obama will fix it. with computers. Just like he will fix the energy crisis by putting air in my tires. The guy does not know the first thing about healtcare or energy, but he will save us. dream on you stupid fools, dream on.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote