Thread: Things Learned
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #15
NIB

When I sit and think about this I can't seem to come up with any one thing that strikes me as the one that made anything click for me.For me it kinda came in small bits and pieces.I have a nephew who is 6 and is growing like you can't imagine.I went a stretch where I saw him often and I you take it for granted.After a while had passed I noticed him again and he doesn't even resemble the kid that he was at Christmas.
I have been fishing all my life cept for a short period when I found out why god made women.I learned the importance of wind as a kid.I learned fishing prior or during storms was more productive as a kid.Same with the art of hunting fish,fishing ambush spots like points or any cover or structure.
If there is any one thing, I would have to say it was my commitment to learn to fish moving water.I was a average striper fisherman.Catch some here and there.One year I decided I was going to learn the moving water and that was all I did.The aspect of fishing moving water opened up a entirely different style of fishing for me.I found it invigorating. I never left.
Moving water puts the fish where they are supposed to be.
One of my favorite bit's of advice I ever read is if you find the moving water you will find the fish..
If I could think of a second one.Years ago I decided I would never bring a gun to a knife fight.If I had to say one thing that has helped me to become a better angler was the sacrifice I made to fish gear that could get the job done.Staying with the same tackle for continuity reasons.I learned my gear better, learned it's limitations and landed fish that may have been question marks for me at a earlier time..Fishing is full of sob stories.I have no desire to take part in that aspect of it.

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote