View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 06:24 PM   #28
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Off the top of my head, how can an intelligent vote be taken on a bill that hasn't been read by everyone in Congress and the Senate?
Imho,what Should have been done was have the Mayors and Governors from the entire country have input as to what they needed for infrastructure to create jobs BEFORE writing the bill, along with input from small, medium and large business leaders.
Give tax credits for business who want to expand with a plan and hire, and tax cuts for all working citizens.

I know, I know, it was an Emergency, Emergency and had to be done yesterday according to the politicians, so they grab a bunch of money, throw it against the wall and hope some sticks sometime down the road, no one knowing what's in their bill except the writers.

Delete any and all pork or pet projects politicians try to insert and debate and vote on these as separate bills, later. Unlike the current bill which adds a fast rail train from LA to Las Vegas to get the gamblers there faster while the rest of the country's people sit in their cars in a giant parking lot.

" Choose Life "