View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #172
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Well, **** it.

Read the whole thing from P. 1 so it looks like I won't be the Lone Ranger anyway -

I turned 60 a little over a month ago and never really thought I'd see it honestly - my dad died at 59 from the form of lung cancer most often attributed to cigarette smoking.

From the day he was diagnosed to the day he died was exactly 10 weeks. It still makes me well up - gotta tell ya that I still miss him every day.

So at 60 I figure that I've been a smoker since I was 15 or so - that makes 45 years.

Let's see how I do - I'm gonna try to wean myself off, I was actually in a research group when the patches 1st came out and it killed maybe 75% of the desire -

If I start today, I'll make my goal 1 cig an hour - that'll cut me by 60% just as a start and I'll work my way down from there.

My wife wants to quit too - she's done it cold turkey - - once but fell off - that way if we both do it will mean support at home and support at S-B too -

Okay...here goes...

Hi, my name is Crafty -

I have a problem...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote