View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #174
BasicPatrick
M.S.B.A.

Location: I live in the Villiage of Hyannis in the Town of Barnstable in the Commonwealth of MA
Send a message via AIM to BasicPatrick Send a message via Yahoo to BasicPatrick
Just checking in...

45 Days without a smoke....woo hoo...
I am down to 5 pcs of nicorette gum per day and am a bit ahead of the schedule the gum program laid out for me. Just like Freak I am chewing other sugar free gum as well and have gum wrappers in my pockets and laundry and where the butts used to be. The car is even starting to smell good when I get in!

I tried dieting and am struggling with that...doing ok but still getting late night urges to snack. I made a decision a week ago and went out a joined a local gym where some friends work out. I started and although it has been hard to make the time, I am doign it.

I do have to respectfully disagree with Tagger. Quitting smoking will be the second most important thing I have done for myself. With a little luck on March 11 I will celebrate 14 years "clean". My longer friends on this board know I had a very bad life involving nothing but multiple trips to detox, court rooms and all the classic signs of substance abuse as a young adult. I still regularly attend NA meetings and do a lot of volunteer work in that area of my life.

Good luck to all and I look forward to the day I can peddle the canal and not run out of breath!!!!!!

Last edited by BasicPatrick; 02-19-2009 at 12:58 PM..

"It is impossible to complain and to achieve at the same time"--Basic Patrick (on a good day)

BasicPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote