View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #59
PatrickD

What an awesome day!
Thanks to everyone who put this thing together. I know you guys worked you asses off for us. It was very cool.
Thanks Chum for driving. You guys may not know it, but Chum is a "professional driver" and he just loves cruisin'. I love riding along listening to NIB snore Seriously, hangin with NIB and Chumbucket is like having the Golden Ticket to meet the best striper fishermen on the coast. Thanks for all the introductions.
Congratulations to the winners of the plug building contest. All that stuff was off the hook! I see that I'm really going to have to sharpen up my skills if I hope to win one of those certificates next year.
I wasn't in the room 5 minutes when I met Numbskull and he gave me an excellent Musso style darter. Thanks Numby (or do you prefer Mr Skull?) I know just the rip for that plug.
The displays were just incredible. The plugs on the tables and in the boxes represented the best of history and the best of what's to come for our obsession.
I missed most of the food, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to hang outside in the cold shooting the bull with Capesams I did get in on some of that shepards pie casserole made by John R's wife. That stuff was yummy

All in all, I had a great time. Saw a bunch of old friends and made a bunch of new ones. Who could ask for more?

Maybe if I hang with NIB long enough, he'll invite me up to fish with a few of you guys when the bass come

Digger
PatrickD is offline   Reply With Quote