View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #13
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Your not going to like my answer but here goes.

Don't raise taxes on the people and small companies that you need to succeed in order for a recovery to take place. Cut taxes. The Feds. don't need the money. Give it back to the people that will create jobs. At least don't take more.
This part I do agree with particularly when you add that sole proprietorship's normally file as individual taxpayers not corp. or LLC.

The rest is ranting, no one, anywhere has an answer to our current situation. IMO, letting Lehman fail was the WORST thing Paulson could have done.
Letting GM, FORD, Chrysler fail is the worst thing this country can do.

AIG our 80pct government owned insurer, posted a 99 billion dollar loss for 2008 after get 85 billion? That's sounds like taking advantage of a crisis. Let the IRS auditors go over that.

I just don't buy sitting by and doing nothing. However, every century of this old USofA's existence there has been multiple failures, crisis that have jarred the financial system. In most cases, the federal government intervened to try and right the system. Sometimes it worked, other times nothing worked.
What doesn't work is haranguing the fact that the federal government is doing something. However, we live in one of the most free speech societies in the world, which allows us all to sit around and wag one way or the other regardless.