View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #39
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I don't mean to hijack my thread back to carbon credits, but....

How long before we have to buy carbon credits from the government for our big houses, boats and SUVs.?

I will say within a year.........

Look at it as another way of sticking it to the rich. You know the guys with boats.
Now I think you're just being ridiculous.

I find it a bit hypocritical that you're gathering the troops and trying to get as many people as possible involved in going to tuna hearings. Then, come in here and try to say that the amount of pollutants that companies put into the air shouldn't be regulated.

Based on your own arguments, we don't need the Feds limiting our catch on Striped Bass and tuna. Commercial guys should be able to go out, gaff every fish they catch and bring them all to market - be it 20 Stripers or 8 80lb tuna. Or is it because the word tax is used in one situation and "limit" is used in the other? Either way, isn't it the crazy liberal government trying to keep money out of the hands of the working man? Be conservative if it relates to our hobbies, but waste at will when it concerns our wallets? My hobby is someone else's paycheck.

So which is it? When are you ok with the government getting involved?

Let me guess, the fish management is to prevent the species from going extinct - so that makes it acceptable. Well maybe the recently low YOY numbers are due to a natural cycle in the size of the bass population. Maybe the recent absence of forage is due to a natural cycle of where the forage migrates. (Sounds awfully similar to opponent's views on global warming.)

So where's the line?