View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #29
fishbones

[QUOTE=fishbones;674692]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I think Obama has been doing a great job for the first 8 weeks (mainly reversing some of Bush's policies). QUOTE]

Wow, could you provide some specifics on all the "great" things he's accomplished? Us "mindless drones" might be able to better understand the greatness of the President if you can provide some tangible proof of his accomplishments.
Paul, i'm pretty sure I asked for specifics, not an example or 2. Oh, wait! Look, I did ask for specifics!!!

I do read the paper. And I read a lot of articles online, as well. In fact, I read in last Sundays paper that Biden was calling the uptick in the stock market a direct result of people having confidence in Obama. I thought that was pretty strange considering he didn't say anything about it being Obama's fault when the market was hitting historical lows for weeks on end.

Just because I'm conservative and a realist doesn't mean that I don't agree with the stem cell and torture reversals. Those were quick, easy fixes for him.

The true test of his first 8 weeks though, is how he is being perceived by the public. The economy is the #1 concern for most people, and it hasn't been very good since he's been in office. If you read the papers and articles online, you'll see that there is frustration with him and his administration. Check out his latest approval rating.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio