Thread: Arrogant A-hole
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #42
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'd note that McCain (a good man, until he won the primary), by most measures, isn't even considered a member of the right wing.

If you're going to argue that the political elite ideologues and punditry who define the "Right" and drive the party platform are the vanguard of the mentally disabled then perhaps I've been watching a different channel.

Ok, perhaps my use of irony was overly sardonic for your tastes, which is fine, but to insult my wife's bona fides or assume (god forbid) that my post slipped through QA, all because of a little sarcasm, is a bit lame.

-spence
Thanks for clearing things up, Spence. I forgot that you like to change up your argument mid-discussion if the facts don't support it to fit the point you're trying to prove.

When you said Republican, I gave you an example of a Republican (McCain). I should have known that you only meant "right wing" Republicans. Please forgive me for not being able to read your mind.

Your wifes bona fides were never questioned by me. Sorry if you misinterpreted when I actually questioned you (and was pretty clear that it was you I was questioning). I'm sure your wife is very qualified just as any other employee who works in that field to have an opinion about politics.

By the way, did you read the SOSEA?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio