View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #132
JohnnyD

You guys have to be kidding me? This wasn't some BS spouted out by the school so the town gives them more money. There was a $4Million deficit. Not the "$1.2million we hear about every year."

Do you guys even read all the posts before making a comment or just the posts of people who agree with you?

Since you chose not to read it the first time, I'll copy/paste it for you.

Quote:
Not threats. It's inside information presented to him personally by a trusted administrator. This info wasn't some public release made by the school. In a formal sense, the School Administration has been a bit mum as to what the actual consequences would be. Very little information has been presented to the town aside from the fact that the school is facing a $4million deficit.

Quote:
We didn't need a trillion dollar bailout to save a music teacher
You're right we don't. But just about any English, Science, History or Math teacher that has been at the schools for 2 years or less is likely to lose their job.

Let's bring this topic of "the schools are just bluffing like they always do" back up again in June when the Administration makes the announcement about who's getting pink slipped.

With people being handed pink slips across the entire job market, I fail to see how you can be so disillusioned to think the school system is any different.

It's funny, if it involves the national economy, then everything is doom-and-gloom. Yet somehow Mansfield has avoided all these economic troubles.