Thread: VP Biden says--
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Actually Spence, he said that if it were him or his family, he would advise them not to take the subway or airplanes. So I think most Americans would say to themselves that if he wouldn't do it, then they shouldn't either, no? He did in fact contradict other statements from high ranking White House officials concerning travel during the outbreak. That was a couple of hours before he made a statement clarifying (flip flopping) on what he had said only a couple hours earlier. Keep it up, though. Your blind loyalty and excuse making for this Administration is kind of cute in a puppy following around it's master sort of way.
No, I just watched the video of his remarks and formed my own opinion. He clearly placed his comment in context with the advice from experts that we shouldn't close borders but instead should focus on mitigation which means avoiding close quarters.

I can see how people might read his remarks the wrong way, so it's good that they saw this and clarified them.

What's absurd is how quick you are to jump on Biden like this is some cataclysmic gaff and another example of how we're all going to hell. There's more energy being poured into fake outrage over Obama since his inauguration than there is going towards legitimate criticism.

Perhaps that should tell you something about yourself.

-spence