Thread: MF-
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #10
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I didn't hear any jokes from Wanda Sykes (I don't spend my days searching youtube, various sites or listening to talking heads for the latest things to bash the Pres.) but it certainly doesn't sound funny (maybe you can search my posts and try to somehow tie my saying something is funny to fit this post). However, it certainly sounds hypocritical to bash Obama for using the word MF while not calling out Bush for making jokes about WMDs while our soldiers were dieing in Iraq. Wouldn't you agree it is probably funnier to swear then to make fun of WMDs while our soldiers are dieing in Iraq?
Well, since you have to drag Bush into any negative post someone makes about Obama, I'll respond to you. Bush's "jokes" about WMD's were stupid. I think Bush said a lot of stupid and insensitive things during his time in the White House. Sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not a Bush defender. I don't blindly stick up for someone just because they aren't in the same political party of someone I dislike.

I also don't spend my time searching the internet for things to make someone look bad either (that's BSSB/Cpt. Crunch's job). The Sykes comments were played all over television, and didn't require any searching. I actually like her humor and think she really screwed up with that one.

While I think Bush's jokes were inappropriate, I also think Obama's use of those words was inappropriate. Do you think it's o.k. for the President to use that kind of language in a public forum? Even though it's an adult crowd (some of whom probably don't talk like that either), it's made available via the internet for anyone who can use a computer. If you think it's o.k. for him to talk like that, either you don't have children or you don't care what they are exposed to.

Oh, and you didn't say anything about Obama laughing at the 9-11 joke. Can you defend him on that without bringing Bush into it?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio