Thread: MF-
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #18
PaulS

FB, we may have more agreement here than disagreement and part of the problem is w/our mode of communication. I have no problem calling the Pres. or any one out for something they do wrong. And as an example of the problem w/the internet and trying to communicate in 60 sec. bursts, I basically agree w/you about the Pres. as a role model. Its my responsibility alone to raise my child and set the example. Some people (the Pres. for instance) can have an influence.

My point is I think since he became Pres. the level of discourse of the people who don't approve has been taken to a level that I can't remember w/another Pres. Certainly, Bush was called out for many things after 9/11 and his drive to have us attack Iraq. But in his first 100 days, there was no comparision between then and how Obama is treated now. Maybe there were posts about Bush's jokes about searching for WMDs or Cheneys giving the finger, but I don't recall discussions on prior Presidential wives dress and whether their showing to much arm or if the dress is to short like we see now or other seemingly minor points. If anyone disagrees w/the stimulas for example, that is a legitimate topic for discussion.

PS - I voted for Bush 9 years ago.

Last edited by PaulS; 05-13-2009 at 09:23 AM..