View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #24
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Johnny, are you saying that the government should try to bully people into buying cars they don't want because of tax incentives? If the car companies made a car I liked in a hybrid, I'd consider it. But at this point, there isn't a hybrid that suits my wants/needs.
I'm not saying that at all. First of all, American cars suck. Period. There is nothing on the market right now that suits my needs, is comfortable, has good performance and above average gas mileage - all while still being affordable. I asked my mechanic what type of cars he suggests to people looking to buy new, and he said "Toyota, Nissan or Honda" so people that repair the vehicles see this as well. Thus why I own a Japanese car.

I fail to see how providing a tax incentive to help the consumer more quickly recoup the added costs of a hybrid can be considered "bullying people".

With your logic, the government is bullying people to put solar panels on their homes because there is a tax rebate offered when you install solar power.

The government must also be bullying people to have children, due to the added tax write-offs for each child someone has.