View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #10
scottw

For anyone that doesn't understand how rationed healthcare works, here is a 1-minute demonstration.

The da Vinci system is a robotic system used for MIS, minimally invasive surgery. It is cutting-edge medicine for such surgeries as prostate surgery.

Use the Surgery Finder (linked at source URL) as follows:

1. Go to the URL. Click on the radio button that says "Hospitals".

2. From the "International" drop down list, select "Canada" and click the blue arrow.

You will notice that there are 9 hospitals that have the da Vinci system; with Canada's population of 33 million, that means that the ratio is 1 system per 3.67 million population.

Back up, and instead of choosing "Canada" choose your state - in my case, I live in PA. Get the results again.

In the state of PA, there are 30; but since one is a VA Hospital, let's say there are 29 hospitals with the da Vinci system.

That means that there is 1 system for every 420,000 people in the state.

Los Angeles County has more Da Vincis than all of Canada.

The best argument against canadacare would be the fact that a Canadian MP, Belinda Caroline Stronach, went to California for cancer treatment.

For Prostatectomies, there are 2 surgeons listed in Canada. There are 6 in UTAH.

There are more MRI machines in Philadelphia than in Canada.

All Americans need to know is that every British and Canadian politician who runs for office claims, "I will reduce hospital and medical wait times".
Having to wait 18 months for surgery (If it's allowed by the National Service) will be quite a shock for Americans.

Anyone who thinks Canada is a good model for healthcare needs to visit a hospital in a border state.
You don't even need to go in....just cruise the parking lot, counting Canadian license plates. 'Nuff said.

But Obama will figure it out...HE's AN EXPERT! or maybe he'll dish it to his wife who has the all hospital experience....diversity coordinator???...$300,000...no wonder medical care is so expensive with high paying no-show useless jobs like that!

I like this one..."Capitalism is what brought the banks down"