View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #14
Backbeach Jake

Liberal?

I believe everyone sould have health insurance. That doesn't keep them chained to a job. If you leave your job now, you lose your insurance, or pay outragous money for it when you have none. Some jobs places are unbearable, insureance shouldn't force you to stay there. I've had such a job, quit it and risked my health without insurance for a few months. Perscriptions can be mind blowingly pricey...
I believe that a person has a right to work under a contract, if that means union then so be it. But it should be in writing that if I do "X" then I get paid "Y". No change the rules for eithe side for the sake of "convenience".
I believe that everyone who works as hard as I do and has a little luck as I have should have what I have. A house, a car, decent food on the table, and a little left sometimes. That's not so much.
I believe that lending institutions should say no if a borrower doesn't qualify. Doing anything less is preditory and self serving. And will ultimately destroy the borrower. They should also help and educate the potential borrower, instead of expecting things to work out...
I believe that any manufacturer who ships jobs offshore should pay tarrifs equal to the welfare and unemployment that will now be paid to their former American employees. Throw in the tuitions and mortgages that default as a result of their actions as well.
I believe that our system for lawsuits has mad cow. It needs to be fixed.
I could go on and on but my two fingers are aching now....

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine