Thread: Island cops
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #24
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
When I read stories like Salthearts, being stopped right where speed signs go from 45 to 25 I get pissed, because thats not what enforcing the rules is about. If the posted speed before and after the 25 zone is 45 then it must a road in good shape, fairly uninhabited, rural probably, and under most circumstances you wouldn't get stopped on the road unless you were going 55 or better. .
I can take you to two places in Bourne where it goes from 35 to 25, and where there's a radar car more often than not. Both are on curves, but there are no cross streets entering blindly, and the curves themselves are easily and safely negotiable at 35 mph. And who are they stopping at 5:30 AM, except local residents on their way to work.

But they'll piss and moan when there's an expenditure question for new cruisers on the town meeting warrant, and the same people who get ticketed show up to say, basically, "sorry, but I gave at the office".

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote