Thread: told ya
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #17
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Before we stop people from abusing the medical system, let's stop people from abusing the Welfare system. Mostly the same people
My opinion, if you refuse to contribute to society, you don't get to reap any of the benefits - including gov't health aid, gov't assistance for college, gov't housing. Eventually, the lazy good-for-nothings will die off, crime will decrease and we'll all live happily ever after.
I agree JD, but government entitlement programs are so deeply entrenched no politician ,from either party, has the guts to make the needed changes.

From what i have seen their main purpose has always been geared to get votes, keep people quiet and not to to give people the incentive to work and contribute.
So it goes on and on.

Imho, most of these problems were started with and continued with the New Deal,The Great Society war on poverty, and the give away programs after the 60's riots.
Why should they contribute when they have been given just enough to be kept quiet and happy in their current lifestyle? There is no incentive to contribute.

The politicians need to get back to JFK's "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

Seems like things have gone too far to get back to anything like that.

" Choose Life "