Thread: New heavy metal
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
Mr. Sandman

The tin bars I ordered direct from a mine/metals company in Colorado, I had to order a minimum of 50# and if I recall it was about 7 or 8 bucks a pound (that was a few years ago), they come in 1 # ingots. I remember you can get it a few bucks cheaper but you need to order a ton or so on a pallet. (way more then what I needed and the shipping was expensive) Also it came in large peices that would be difficult to work with...so I just paid the man. 50# last me a long time as it is. But I am getting low again. I have seen some on ebay now and again but most of it is really small quantities aimed at the home jewelry business. The price of this stuff went up alot at one point but is back down now. Lead did the same thing last year. Notice how the price of sinkers have skyrocketed? But the price really depends on how much you buy. I recall asking the fellow at the metals company what is your best price on pure lead? He said something like: I can sell it to you for 21 cents per # but you need to by several hundred metric tons of it! I don't think my wife would appreciate me storing that much lead in the backyard.

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 07-08-2009 at 09:53 AM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote