View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassballer View Post
i just started getting gear ready and this enourmous black cloud just came over the island along with some thunder.

Im putting tonight on the back burner.
Yup, I was all horsed up to go til I looked north and the sky looked like the Wizard of Oz...

Radar looked fairly clean a while ago...I think I may go out for some Honest Work and see if I can't find a few -

And you're right, Mike - although I've had some July's at one of my favorite spots that were as easy as driving to Stop and Shop to pick up 20-25# fish, more often than not ya just have to turn to and earn 'em

Oooops...just heard some distant thunder, may want to check the radar again before going out ...

I dunno, Dennis - I'm thinking like Uncle Zeke woulda said, go west, young man - but not too far west, if you get my drift...

Yup, think that's where I'm headed if this crap has passed over for the night...

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote