Thread: Garden pix
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #23
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Finally got the netting up for the blueberries, as usual I am late. It is pretty hard to get up by yourself and an 8 year older but we did it. The birds, catbirds, cardinals, robins, are so pissed. All they did was squawk as i was putting it up and when I walked away they immediately tried to get in. I am sure they will go for the uncovered black raspberries now. I still need to make up some more stakes at work tonite so I am sure I will have to let a few out tomorrow. I have learned that if you let the birds that do figure a way in stay in the netting all day and nite instead of getting them out fast they usually will never return as it must be too stressful for them and they learn. With all this rain my berries plants are so over grown this year. It will help though for one of my most prolific years fruit wise though. It will just be tough walking around the bushes as most of the branches are so loaded with fruit they are hanging on the ground. Got 1 variety right now that is ready to go and the majority of the crop 2 to 3 weeks away. Wish my tomatoes look as good.

Any one else got some garden pics to see what this wet year is doing to your garden either good or bad?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1519.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	34982   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1518.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	34983   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1529.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	34984  

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote