Thread: British Open
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #12
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I was away from home this weekend but was able to see the end yesterday at friends house. Made me want to cry. So close to history. He was always my favorite and it would have been a hell of a story as he said. Kind of feel bad for Cink as he was kind of the secondary story but he played great and deserved it. I don't play the game anymore, but did. I do follow all the Majors,and have for 40 plus years, not time really for regular events anymore.
Not sure if anyone else feels this way but I was glad for Tiger to fail this weekend. Don't get me wrong I think he is the best that ever teed it up and I usually root for him in an international field but I get tired of him winning all the time and really like when a long shot does it. I like to see him be human once in a while. Get sick of hearing all the talking heads saying he is going to run away with the tournament, although they are usually right. Was really nice to see someone from the good old days have a chance. I like Toms chance's in the senior British open this weekend.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote