View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Saltheart

Electric bill dropped $10. What are you doing to be green?

Using the flourescent bulbs seems to be paying off. We'll see if it stays down. One thing I am anxious to see is if using the standbye feature on the computer also saves anything significant. I also noticed that when I am in the cellar doing the rods I have all the cellar lights on despite having dedicated lights right over the lathe. I turned off every second light down there now. It all adds up. One thing that kills me is the sump pump. There does not seem to be a way around that and its runs a lot in the fall and spring. For 25 years it never ran but then they built a lot of houses behind me and I guess all the added fast run off from the streets instead of the previous wooded area raises the watertable just enough to make me need to pump.

Doing my part to be green. I'm now paying $50 for electric compared to $80 per month just two years ago. Since prices have gone up , the usage is down more than the 37% the dollars show. I'm not walking around in the dark either.

I'm curious about other things people are doing to reduce energy consumption. If Americans all just did the most obvious energy saving things , I think it would effect the whole oil , arab , etc things far more than going to war over it. If Americans saved half their energy usage by simple conservation , the bottom would drop out of the price of oil.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote