View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
Backbeach Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum Crazy View Post
At least you HAVE a job. Some of us are not so lucky.
Yes, there's that. 3 years ago I was out of work for a month, short time, I know but very stressful no health ins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Absolutely a dead industry !!!
I've been in the same line of work my whole life.
Cost of everything has gone way up every year, vehicles are much more complicated to fix, labor rate stays the same, it's a joke.
Only people we see now getting into the line of work are the illegal immigrants.
When I posted Ronnie I was afraid that my blanket statement would have been insulting to you. I have worked for 3 employers in the last 29 years. I'm making 30% less than I did in 2000. I have had no increase in rate for 16 years. ANd the Insurance companys say that they're keeping their rates low. My boss told me that I was impatient when I tried to discuss this with him. Impatient!? I put a nose on a new BMW suv yesterday and didn't have a crying jag. Talk about harder to repair...
I feel better today than yesterday, thanks to you all. Plum Crazy good luck if you or a loved one is looking for work. I know that it's tough out there.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote