View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #34
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
Larry, I can relate to that situation all too well. I work at Home Depot. About a month ago now, a man came in and I was working down in the Lumber department. I rang this guy's sheet rock up like usual, nobody from the department had told me to do any different, nor did this customer. After I total the 5 sheets up, and he pays for it. NOW he starts a stink, asks how much they were, and mentions that they're damaged and tells me the manager okayed the 50% off each sheet because apparently one had a hole it it.. It was a sheet mixed in the middle of the 4. How am I supposed to see that, and he didn't even mention it. So he refuses to move, and I have a line of 6 or more people, and he's starting to yell for a manager and tells me " I hope you like YOUR job! "

At that moment, I bit my tongue. I wish I could have said the things I wanted to, but -- I called the manager, they of course finally told me the discount. After it was voided out, rang it all out again, and this guy was just EXTREMELY rude. He even laughed at me calling me names under his breath.

Sometimes you just have those a**hole customers and you can't do anything about it and just smile and say have a good day Sir!

Also had a customer twist my words of " I'll be with you in a moment " to him saying I said "Oh he can wait" That resulted me getting written up and 1 of the 4 managers, the strictest one -- and he yelled and kept throwing the word termination at me.

Gotta watch out for those people who just make your day!

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote